On 6/15/2010 3:33 PM, José Benito Camiña Prado wrote:
> José Camiña (sacaquija):
> May be I can use that but I need communication with python too, what I mean
> is that
> the program, for example the Filemon send messages to a resident program, so
> it´s good
> to write in a file but I need also to send the new logs to python in real
> time.

If you are not able to leverage something like Filemon, then you have to
create a file system filter driver.  If you don't have kernel
experience, it will take you more than 6 months to create such a thing.

Also, you need to remember that there are an ENORMOUS number of file
system manipulations going on in the typical Windows system.  Have you
ever looked at the output of Filemon?  Most people are astonished by the
number of file accesses and file reads and directory reads and existence
tests that get done.  Just starting up a relatively simple application
can cause THOUSANDS of file and directory accesses, as it searches
through its path for each and every DLL.  If your system is busy, Python
won't be able to keep up.

Roger Dahlstrom wrote:
>You could tail the log file...

Another good suggestion...