The same problem occurs from another Win 7 machine so it is not-machine
specific, though it might be Win 7 specific.  The C++ test program works fine
from Win Server 2012 R2, run against the same share.

From: Boylan, Ross
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:50:13 AM
To: Tim Roberts; python-win32@python.org
Subject: Re: [python-win32] win32api.FindFiles hangs (was COM registration
hangs up: 32 bit Python 3.7 on 64 bit Win 7)

BTW, I installed Visual Studio and wrote a little C++ program that exercised
FindNextFile.  It failed in exactly the same way (returns same filename forever
if on a network drive and search spec has the exact file name), but only when
run from the original machine.

This is only one of many signs that the machine (not PyWin) is messed up; we're
getting a replacement.

Thanks for your help.
Ross

P.S.  Does anyone know why the python com code is doing a Dir() when it already
has the exact file name?