Because pywin32 is required for adodbapi to operate, it was merged into
pywin32 several years ago. Installing a current version of pywin32 will
install adodbapi as part of it. It will appear as a separate module in the
Python site-packages library tree.

I have never tried accessing the Windows file directory, which I think
might be what you refer to, but I have accessed some Active Directory
information as tables using adodbapi.

In short, anything for which you can find a connection string and a driver
ought to give you tabular data.