Hi!

I recently had to do a deep dive into
https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/tree/main/Pythonwin/pywin/idle as part of a
previous PR. See comment:
https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/pull/2102#discussion_r1380422005

Of course it is extremely outdated, but I think the interesting part is that
these IDLE modules are now part of the cpython repo (although most have been
renamed over time), and some modules seem to not even be used as part of
pythonwin.

I basically expect that none of this works at all today, especially given the
minimum version requirement of Python 3.7-3.8. Is this worth keeping around at
all?

  *

Pythonwin will look for IDLE extensions first in this directory, then on
the global sys.path.  Thus, if you have IDLE installed and run it from
the CVS sources, you may remove most of the extensions from this
directory, and the latest CVS version will then be used.

Could we just delete this entire folder instead, and update references,
reducing further maintenance cost and automated tooling churn? Anything special
I should look for in testing?
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/b62496876f356f98f081228d039b0186cbce83377c606fe280d33ceba55766fc/mhammond/pywin32/pull/2102]<https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/pull/2102#discussion_r1380422005>
Basic type-checking with mypy and pyright by Avasam · Pull Request #2102 ·
mhammond/pywin32<https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/pull/2102#discussion_r1380422005>
This is the PR that finally makes basic type-checking validation of public
methods possible, easing the addition of 3.7+ type annotations. In its current
state, a lot of checks are disabled, and so...
github.com
