I tend to agree with what other people wrote here:

* Most of the talks we've been hearing lately are too python-specific to
be of much interest to non-pythoners, (and I imagine same goes for us
with the talks in perl-IL).  People seem to be happy  with this  kind of
contents.

*  Still - there are some things that would be of interest to all. If we
decide to have occasional joint meetings, we still have to decide if
these would be "in addition to" or "in place of" the monthly meeting
(only as long as there are not too many of them - we don't want to give
up our "regular" contents).

  Suggestion for one possible topic, which I got recently (from haranp,
who said he's going to subscribe to this list - probably because there's
no elisp-IL group ;-) ), is a talk about Lua. Is there interest for such
talk among readers of this list?

* I'd like to know what were the responses in the perl group or
elsewhere. If there's interest and suitable topics, we might try to hold
joint meeting in September (otherwise - such topics could be given in
Telux).

  Regards,

      Amit

לענות