yes, that`s what I started from, my node is based on this proxy. But
it doesn`t seem to have implemented output attributes for translate/
rotate. I checked the example surface constraint too. There are only
some useful internal methods, but I guess you need to make your own
outputs.
But, I just looked at multiway constraint (just have the PDFs, not the
code) and they are using pairBlend nodes. Very smart! :) So I tested
it and it works. If you output your values via pairBlend you get both:
set value, but still leave it "free" to change interactively. I also
tested adding keyframes, and Maya picked up existing pairBlend node
automaticly - even better.
So I guess it will follow animation and when constraint input would
get dirty it would set its values over keyframes.

--
view archives: http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya