i just want to freeze transforms on a curve in my scene. When i use the
following line in the maya script editor it works fine. But when i use this
line as part of my script it moves the entire curve to the other side of the

cmds.makeIdentity('ringCrv', apply=True, t=1, r=1, s=1)

the line is the last line in my script so there is nothing happening after that
would affect the curve. Can anyone tell me why this might be?. Also i delete
history on the curve first.