Hi folks,

I published an article about embedding Maya's UI into PySide2 for Maya2017.

http://blog.virtualmethodstudio.com/2017/03/embed-maya-native-ui-objects-in-pyside2/

And again after the first fix I included, I had some errors running this
code in a particular case. Maya was telling me '|' or '||' didn't exist.

As you can see on the EDIT section (which is the second edit of the
article), I wrote an explanation on how to fix this using
setObjectName('layout') on the window and layout  which generates a better
UI path:   window|layout|... instead of ||, and seems like Maya likes it
better (I guess why).

But then I found out I could even avoid getting the full name that just
using setParent('layout')  would work without errors instead of using a
path.

I wanted to understand why this is working, even when I use the same object
name with different windows. There's no name clash in Qt, and magically
Maya's UI understands setParent anyway...

Any idea why this is happening?

--
Lidia