Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had a way of adding a dict of data to a maya
object as an extra attribute.

I have a scene in which all objects under a node need some data tracked to
each, so I am going to add an attribute to the root node and list all
objects and values on that top node.

*For example:*
data = { obj1:cube, obj2:cube, obj3:sphere }

The only way I can find to do this right now is to convert my dict to a
string and then back again when I want to read it.

Is there a way to actually add the dict type as an extra attribute?

Cheers,

Ben