Tim Lesher wrote:
> I think one of the issues that really hurts PythonCE is the fact that
> it's not part of the mainline, so its availability and status is
> always questionable.

This is indeed the big issue.  When I did the original PythonCE port
of 2.3.4 one of my big objectives was to do it as a compatibility layer
to Win32 -- so it could easily integrate into the mainline source development
and the burden for me to keep it current would then be small.  I tried to
get it back into the Mainline but (and my memory is fuzzy here) my attempt
to arrange the integration with the mainline python developers went nowhere.

I have not looked at the 2.3.5 work that was done, but I would hope that it
was disciplined enough to keep the compatibility layer technique intact.

If somebody could deal with the political issues of getting integrated with
the mainline development, the technical work should not be too bad.  Please
let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

David Kashtan
Validus Medical Systems Inc.