David McNab schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run an XML-RPC server on my ipaq h4100, based on the
> python 'SimpleXMLRPCServer', but it's ridiculously slow to process
> requests.
>
> Turnaround for even the simplest client requests is around 30-40
> seconds.

I don't know if this will help you or not:

I tried to use XMLRPC betweem a small embedded ARM system runing linux
and a Windows PC.  The performance of a client on the PC and a server on
the embedded system was acceptable (~10 requests per second), but the
server on the PC called by a client running on the embedded system was
unacceptable:
1 request took around 5 seconds to complete.

I have since switched to jsonrpc instead of xmlrpc which has a
much better performance: around 70 requests per second, in both
directions.

Thomas