You’re absolutely right (both on SIP and on
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework probably being a python.org install),
sorry for the confusion.

This seems to be due to the way Apple has done the “Extras” directory, and
adding things there to sys.path.

See for example https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/2468

If you can get rid of
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python in
sys.path you should be all set.

--
Jack Jansen, <jack.jan...@cwi.nl>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack