On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:39 PM, Michelle Ran <michelleran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, was able to download MLA & set up the development environment, but I
> don't seem
> able to open the project you mentioned using MPLAB X? Here's a video:

I guess you can figure this out by yourself...

MPLAB X is for the PIC firmware. The project is here.
microchip\mla\v2017_03_06\apps\usb\device\vendor_basic\firmware\pic18f87j50_pim.x

Once you get the hex file, you need to program the chip using a programmer, like
PICKit 3 or things like that.

To build the following host program, you have to use a build
environment for the host.
microchip\mla\v2017_03_06\apps\usb\device\vendor_basic\utilities\libusb_cross_platform_example

"If using this project to build a Linux or Mac OS X executable, make sure
that the libusb v1.0.19 driver is available and installed correctly."

I used to have the Mac Mini and I use Homebrew to build host programs.

--
Xiaofan