On 18/10/2017 12:09 AM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:20:12 +0300 Карелин Павел <hka...@yandex.ru>
wrote:

I'm working in Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit. I use QtCreatir 4.4.1 Now I
needed to build a small qbs project for two architectures: intel 64
and 32 bits. I have installed qt4 system libraries, 64 and 32 bits
respectively. qmake - only 64 bits. Simultaneously install the
qmake to 64 and 32 bits - I can not, packages are mutually
exclusive.

Hm, doesn't that mean that one of the two Qt installations is
incomplete with regards to developing for it? You cannot build qmake
projects with the 32-bit version either, right? At the moment, qmake
is our entry point for setting up the Qt modules using setup-qt. If
you are working on the command line only, you might get away with
installing the two packages one after the other (both with their
associated qmake), calling setup-qt while they are "complete".
However, in Qt Creator you always need the right qmake.

I have similar problem, and i'm starting to think that Ubuntu is broken (17.04).

You cannot even compile qt for x86_32 on a x86_64 host without breaking your distro due to package conflicts (Thiago told me it is doable on OpenSuse).

BTW, Qt has dropped linux-32 support starting with Qt-5.6 ...

I am now using a 32 bits VM in the mean time for my dev, If you build a 32 bits version of Qt within the 32 bits VM, then when you install it on linux-64 system it won't work, qmake cannot be run (something to do with rpath and/or ld.so), i have wasted lot of time on this, and i still don't have a solution.

Anyway, this is not a qbs-specific nor a qtc-specific problem, it is a qmake and/or ubuntu issue.

Карелин, you might want to resend your message to the "interest" mailing list.

chris