Hi everyone,

Recently, I was planning to measure the performance of my application of
interest for potential RISC-V hardware. Hence, I started my simulations
from Spike to analyze dynamic instruction traces and instruction count,
nevertheless given it does not support multithreading, I started using Qemu
to test my app too. However, it seems like I cannot rely on timing results
of Qemu for comparing different implementations. Accordingly, given I am
brand new to the Qemu ecosystem, I was wondering whether I am missing some
important mainstream instrumentation and tracing tools that I can use for
performance evaluation of my target app in other ways. Particularly, I want
to understand implications of adding custom ISA instructions to the
performance of my application.

In this regard, do you have any recommendations on where I can look?

Thanks,
Best wishes

--
Nazerke Turtayeva