On Thu,  7 Mar 2024 10:58:56 +1000
Alistair Francis <alistai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Security Protocol and Data Model (SPDM) Specification defines
> messages, data objects, and sequences for performing message exchanges
> over a variety of transport and physical media.
>  -
> https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0274_1.3.0.pdf
>
> SPDM currently supports PCIe DOE and MCTP transports, but it can be
> extended to support others in the future. This series adds
> support to QEMU to connect to an external SPDM instance.
>
> SPDM support can be added to any QEMU device by exposing a
> TCP socket to a SPDM server. The server can then implement the SPDM
> decoding/encoding support, generally using libspdm [1].
>
> This is similar to how the current TPM implementation works and means
> that the heavy lifting of setting up certificate chains, capabilities,
> measurements and complex crypto can be done outside QEMU by a well
> supported and tested library.
>
> This series implements socket support and exposes SPDM for a NVMe device.

Thanks Alastair,

I'm really keen to seen this land soon as I have the CXL infrastructure
for this backed up behind it.  Also will be needed for PCI (IDE) and CXL link
encryption emulation and most if not all of the confidential computing stacks
with QEMU emulating the host system + peripherals.

I believe it's just waiting for a PCI Maintainer Ack at this point? Klaus said
he
was happy to take it through NVME but wanted a PCI Ack first.

Michael / Marcel, if you have time to look at it that would be great.

Thanks,

Jonathan