Hi

I have been comparing the compression achieved by various encoding schemes
in the following two scenarios :

a) Using the -vnc option with qemu
b) Creating a vnc server inside the guest

The vnc viewer I am using is xtightvnc. My guest is gentoo OS and my qemu
version is 0.13.0

I have observed a peculiar thing : the compression achieved in scenario `a`
is much more than that achieved with scenario `b` if the encoding scheme is
"tight" and all other parameters are same. The same does not happen if
other encoding schemes ( raw/hextile etc) are used. I am running videos on
vlc media  player and measuring the total bandwidth consumed during a
single run.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Ankur