On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:19:02PM -0200, Eduardo Habkost wrote:
> "-machine pc-1.3 -cpu n270" (and older machine-types) needs to keep
> MOVBE disabled, or you will break live migration.
>
> Personally I wouldn't mind declaring n270 as a non-migratable CPU
> model. But libvirt supports n270, so it already expects n270 to expose
> a stable ABI on each machine-type.

>From looking at the code - and I've never looked at qemu code before
last night - we could filter migration features in x86_cpu_realize()
when called down the pc_init1() path.

We simply need to look the QEMUMachine.is_default flag and leave the
feature on only if pc-1.4 which sets the is_default thing.

Or is there a more preferred way to do that?

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.