On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 05:14:24PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:

> So the more I think about it, the more I'd like for this event to
> output both 'device' (mandatory, with an empty string if we can't
> easily tie the BDS to a single device) and 'node' (where 'node' can
> be optional, and omitted if the BDS does not have a node name [if we
> ever add generated node names, then we could make 'node' mandatory
> at that time]).

Ok, I will change that.

On a related note, the QUORUM_FAILURE event does have this mixed field
already, called "reference", which is the device name if present, else
the node name.

But I'm not planning to change it unless you think it's a good idea.
That would be a thing for a different patch anyway.

Berto