On Mon, 2016-10-17 at 16:26 +0200, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

> > s/Integrated devices/Integrated Endpoints/ (which I assume
> > is a Spec-Originated Term) in the last sentence, to be
> > consistent with the one right before it.
> >
> > I'm also not sure what you mean by devices with "dedicated,
> > specific functionality", and unfortunately the examples don't
> > seem to be helping me.
>
> That language is from me (I suggested it earlier). It means devices that
> you want to use for some actual task, rather than just to build your PCI
> (Express) hierarchy with them. "Leaf nodes" or whatever. "Everything
> non-bridge".

Isn't that basically the definition of Endpoint? It certainly
is what I convinced myself "Endpoint" means :)

Either way, I think we should spend a few more words there,
for clarity's sake. Rewording the phrase to put more emphasis
on the "legacy PCI devices only" part would probably be
warranted as well.