I will check that again, pretty sure I saw that.
Anyway any chance there is an option/fix for that?
Today it is impossible to differentiate strace output with program's stderr
output, and it is causing trouble while used in scripts.

You received this bug notification because you are a member of qemu-
devel-ml, which is subscribed to QEMU.

  qemu-user option -strace -D <file> doesn't work

Status in QEMU:

Bug description:
  I have been trying to access qemu -strace output from a script
  The main problem was it was on stderr, the strace output was merged with my
program's stderr output.
  Then I tried to use the -D option, to log the output to a file.
  This didn't work even if the log file was created, but it was empty.

  I have looked at the source code and found the print function was not
  qemu_log with -strace but gemu_log (to be clear it was GEMU NOT QEMU)

  I have then replaced all gemu_log by qemu_log removed declaration of gemu_log
and recompiled, it seems to works just fine right now.

  removed declaration here and here: