On 17/05/2018 14:51, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>>> +ifeq ($(CONFIG_X11),y)
>>> +sdl.mo-objs += x_keymap.o
>>> +gtk.mo-objs += x_keymap.o
>>
>> Would this cause symbol clash if both sdl & gtk modules are loaded
>> at the same time, or have we used linker scripts to limit what symbols
>> each module exposes ?
>
> Related: can modules depend on modules, so we could make x_keymap a
> module of its own and have both gtk and sdl depend on it?
>
> That would also be useful when trying to modularize spice.

How hard would it be to modularize the libspice-server side?  The part
of the library that is used by QXL rendering should have much fewer
dependencies than the part that is used for keyboard, mouse, audio,
vmchannel/agent, etc.

Then you could link libspice-server-core into QEMU and libspice-server
into the modules.  Unless both have been linked together, functions such
as spice_server_add_client would fail, and so would adding most of the
SPICE_INTERFACE_* interface kinds.

Thanks,

Paolo