Hi MST,

Looking at the kernel commit log, I see that commit
c9ce42f72fd0ba180fd35539829e4139dca31494 introduced support for a configurable
number of regions in vhost, but vhost-user is still limited to 8 slots. Is
there a reason for that? Would you consider a patch to either statically
increase the number of vhost-user slots (to something like 64?) or define some
protocol allowing the number of slots to be negotiated?

Apologies if this has already been answered. I briefly looked through the
mailing list archive and couldn’t find anything obvious.

Thanks,
Raphael