On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 05:35:23PM +0530, Sukrit Bhatnagar wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 17:20, Roman Bolshakov <r.bolsha...@yadro.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 07, 2019 at 05:28:39PM +0530, Sukrit Bhatnagar wrote:
> > > Keep the calls made to synchronize cpu by all hypervisors in one place
> > > inside cpu_synchronize_* functions in include/sysemu/hw_accel.h
> > >

> > The commit itself looks sane but qemu starts to hang during BIOS boot
> > after I've applied it if I run it with hvf accel.
>
> Hi Roman,
> Thanks for reviewing the patches.
> If this is happening, then I assume patches are not ready
> to be merged into qemu-stable.
> Do you have any idea why the problem is not detected
> during tests, but rather at runtime?
> I am not really sure if this patch (2/2) has anything to do with
> the problem but the previous patch (1/2) might.

I've applied, built and tested both sequentially. Applying and running
with patch 1/2 alone doesn't result in the behavior I mentioned. I also
tried to apply only the first hunk that moves hvf_cpu_synchronize_state
into cpu_synchronize_state and it also causes the issue with BIOS.

Honestly, I don't know if the tests run qemu with hvf accel. AFAIK
kvm-unit-tests can be used to test an accel itself.

Thanks,
Roman