Hello everyone,

I am a hobby programmer (working as an SDE in the industry) and I have been
observing qemu for quite a while. I have always wanted to contribute but I
couldn't manage my time. I am good at Java and Python but quite a bit rusty
with C++ and C (although working with it will not be a problem, I might
have to google more than usual). On the theory side, I have a good grasp of
data structures and algorithms and a decent understanding of OS and
Compilers.

I have built qemu from source and I have my machine setup for git-publish
via email.

I would like to start contributing with one of the bite sized tasks
mentioned in the wiki page. The one that interests me and which I think is
the easiest are the sections on "Compiler Driven Cleanup" and "Dead Code
Removal". I think this is a good way to get introduced to the codebase.

I plan to stay and become a long term contributor. Is there any CS theory
that I would need to know other than what I mentioned above? Is it possible
to "learn on the go"?

I realize this is quite a long email and I would like to thank everyone in
advance for reading this!

Regards,
Rohit.