On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 17:52:07 -0800
Ben Widawsky <ben.widaw...@intel.com> wrote:

> On 21-11-18 15:20:34, Saransh Gupta1 wrote:
> > Hi Ben and Jonathan,
> >
> > Thanks for your replies. I'm looking forward to the patches.
> >
> > For QEMU, I see hotplug support as an item on the list and would like to
> > start working on it. It would be great if you can provide some pointers
> > about how I should go about it.
>
> It's been a while, so I can't recall what's actually missing. I think it
> should
> mostly behave like a normal PCIe endpoint.
>
> > Also, which version of kernel and QEMU (maybe Jonathan's upcoming version)
> > would be a good starting point for it?
>
> If he rebased and claims it works I have no reason to doubt it :-). I have a
> small fix on my v4 branch if you want to use the latest port patches.

Thanks. I'd missed that one. Now pushed down into the original patch.

It occurred to me that technically I only know my rebase works on Arm64...
Fingers crossed for x86.

Anyhow, I'll run more tests on it next week (possibly even including x86),

Available at:
https://github.com/hisilicon/qemu/tree/cxl-hacks

For arm64 the description at
https://people.kernel.org/jic23/ will almost work with this.
There is a bug however that I need to track down which currently means you
need to set the pxb uid to the same as the bus number.   Shouldn't take
long to fix but it's Friday evening...
(add uid=0x80 to the options for pxb-cxl)

I dropped the CMA patch from Avery from this tree as need to improve
the way it's getting hold of some parts of libSPDM and move to the current
version of that library (rather than the old openSPDM)

Ben, if you don't mind me trying to push this forwards, I'll do a bit
of cleanup and reordering then make use of the QEMU folks we have / know and
try and start getting your hard work upstream.

Whilst I've not poked the various interfaces yet, this is working with
a kernel tree that is current cxl/next + Ira's DOE series and Ben's region
series
+ (for fun) my SPDM series.  That tree's a franken monster so I'm not planning
to share it unless anyone has particular need of it.  Hopefully the various
parts will move forwards this cycle anyway so I can stop having to spend
as much time on rebases!

Jonathan