On 1/14/22 00:41, David Gibson wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 06:51:56PM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
Hi,
   Is there any easy way of getting a machine where the pbr403 vmstate
would be generated?

The condition in pbr403_needed is...

     return (pvr & 0xffff0000) == 0x00200000;

.. which looks to be the PVR for ppc403 models.  That makes sense with
the section name... but not so much with the fact that it's under
cpu/tlb6xx.  The 6xx MMU is basically unrelated to the 40x MMU.  But
it looks like the vmstate_tlbemb might be shared between then, because
of bad ideas of the past.

But in any case, we already dropped what little 403 support we ever
had - there's nothing with that PVR even listed in
target/ppc/cpu-models.h.

So I think we should just drop it.

yes. But we can not remove env.pb since this would break migration
compatibility, correct ?

I will send a patch.

Thanks,

C.