[ Adding Fred ]

On 1/18/22 09:30, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
On 17/01/2022 14:52, Cédric Le Goater wrote:

Initially, I installed a debian11 ppc64 on a QEMU mac99/970 machine.
Something went wrong with the bootloader at installation and I was
stuck with memory boot. I didn't manage to restore a decent boot
setup even after that.

Interesting. I had a similar issue using the debian ports images on
mac99/ppc32: everything went well all up until the bootloader installation
which failed. When I looked at the installer logs IIRC there was a kernel panic
somewhere in the hfs module which I figured is likely an emulation bug
somewhere.

Is that a known issue ? I guess these install configs are not often
tested.

Thanks,

C.