On 1/17/22 03:45, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 at 07:29, Alexey Kardashevskiy <a...@ozlabs.ru> wrote:

"PowerPC Processor binding to IEEE 1275" says in
"8.2.1. Initial Register Values" that the initial state is defined as
32bit so do it for both SLOF and VOF.

This should not cause behavioral change as SLOF switches to 64bit very
early anyway. As nothing enforces LE anywhere, this drops it for VOF.

The goal is to make VOF work with TCG as otherwise it barfs with
qemu: fatal: TCG hflags mismatch (current:0x6c000004 rebuilt:0x6c000000)

If you get this assert it means that something is changing
the CPU state and not calling the function to recalculate
the hflags (which are basically caching part of the CPU state).
So I don't know whether this patch is correct or not in updating
MSR bits, but in any case I think it is only masking the
missing-hflags-update that is causing the assertion...

If we emulate a bare metal machine, then most likely we want MSR_SF (==64bit) set. But this particular case is paravirtual pseries/spapr and it requires special handling so spapr_reset_vcpu() seems to be the right place.

-- PMM