Il gio 6 ott 2022, 15:25 Venu Busireddy <venu.busire...@oracle.com> ha
scritto:

> I do see that the Solaris driver does send the 0x1a command during
> the initialization, perhaps (?) seeking the value of UA_INTLCK_CTRL.
> Since QEMU currently does not support it, QEMU sends back a
> key/asc/ascq=0x05/0x24/0x00 response, indicating that 0x1a is an Illegal
> Request.

What is your QEMU command line and what is the full CDB (apart from 0x1a)?

I am assuming that the Solaris driver does not handle that
> response well (I still don't have access to the source code to verify
> that), confuses itself about the value of UA_INTLCK_CTRL, and hence does
> not handle the response to the REPORT_LUNS command correctly.

No this has nothing to do with what's happening. The most likely reason for
the bug IMO is simple: the event is causing the driver to send the REPORT
LUNS command, but it does so in a way that does not handle the unit
attention when it is reported.

Paolo

Maybe the