Hi Robert,

I played around with the 'E' and added parens to it, to reflect the syntax
checking of the expression editor [0][1]. It was just in Photoshop, as I
didn't have time to work in Inkscape (slower process on the Mac).

I think the icon needs to stand on its own (without text, see slide #3) and
needs a little something more than just an E. The Bob the builder icon
doesn't seem to scale down very well (see slide #4). I tried a small wrench
inside the parens, but like many other symbols I tried, it didn't legibly
scale down to 16x16 very well.

[0] https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ib6hycmyvg75rn9/CVU007rVQK
[1] http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/expression_ls.png

Regards,

Larry

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Robert Szczepanek <rob...@szczepanek.pl>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Expression builder [1] inspired by Bob [2] ;), in case if pure expression
> [4] is not you are looking for.
> And missing selection options [3].
>
> regards,
> Robert
>
> [1]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/**changeset/9705/<http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/9705/>
> [2]
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**File:Bob_the_builder.jpg<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bob_the_builder.jpg>
> [3] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/**browser/graphics/trunk/**
> toolbar-icons/24x24/**expression.png<http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/graphics/trunk/toolbar-icons/24x24/expression.png>
> [4]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/**changeset/9706/<http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/9706/>
>
> On 31.01.2013 08:17, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert
>>
>> On 01/30/2013 11:47 PM, Robert Szczepanek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Matthias,
>>>
>>> Here it is:
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/**changeset/9681/<http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/9681/>
>>>
>> That was fast, thanks a lot.
>>

>>> Concerning your request for Expression + Selection with additional
>>> plus/minus/intersection elements.
>>> I'm afraid of making icons with too much information.
>>> Perhaps we could make it in this (context) order:
>>> expression-select
>>> select-add (not ready yet, but similar to [2])