On 01/07/2014 02:29 PM, Jonathan Moules wrote:

     I remember, I discussed another key "website" with Borys, which
    would be shown in a frame in the plugin description page. This
    could be used to show even pictures in a description. Or we could
    just embed the URL listed in homepage.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're proposing that the explanations etc be hosted online? From what I've picked up reading the lists and elsewhere, QGIS is used in quite a few instances in locations where internet access is lacking or merely unreliable. I think any help/explanation should be integrated and distributed with the software.

Good point. Not necessarily, a get started text could be saved in the metadata as well. Or alternatively an html folder structure.

Or maybe a combination of on- and offline, so as long as the plugin is not installed, it would be loaded on-demand, so we don't need to transfer everything everytime we check for updates, but as soon as the plugin is installed it is loaded offline for machines without internet access.

But these are just ideas, I don't have any strong opinion about this (yet).

    So I would not say "anything to fix that" is a good approach

A poor choice of words on my part. Obviously a good fix is preferable to. :-)

No worries, I just want to be sure we don't need to switch methods again in a couple of months ;-)

Best
Matthias