On 2014/12/15 18:03, Andre Joost wrote:
Am 15.12.2014 um 13:17 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:
On 2014/12/12 23:07, Andre Joost wrote:
Installing from Ubuntugis-unstable for trusty 14.04 will give you gdal
1.11 with the desired EPSG:6148. For Ubuntu Utopic 14.10, there is
currently qgis, but no gdal package available.
I'm hoping to get gdal-bin current/latest on my ubuntu 12.04 (lucid)
box, but the ubuntugis unstable lucid repository comes up with IGN.
Presumably because there have been no backports to lucid?
lucid was 10.04, 12.04 is Precise.
Aaargh - sorry - I meant 10.04 (lucid is correct)
For 10.04, gdal 1.11 is packaged, but qgis only 2.0.1 (and older than
the gdal package). This might bring some trouble, if the old qgis
package was compiled with gdal 1.10.
I wonder if that's how I messed it up some time back.
I normally don't use the server for "work", but I have 4TB of orthos to
check/process, so was wanting to run my bash/awk scripts on the server
instead of across the network.
For 12.04, gdal 1.10.0 and QGIS 2.6.1 are packaged. My own 12.04 box
still has QGIS 2.2 installed, with no EPSG:6148 (as expected).
This is not about the 6148 any more, but about gdal_edit.py and some
newer gdal functionality that 1.9 does not have.
What do you mean by "comes up with IGN"?
apt-get update lists the repositories as it scans them. 'Hit' means
changes found, and 'IGN' means "same as on local system" ie: nothing to
download.
See:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/294525/what-does-ign-mean-when-running-an-apt-get-update
I've tried to fool it by simply replacing 'lucid' with 'trusty' in the
sources.list file,
That trick was too easy ;-)
Is there any way I can do this?
You can grab the source package from
http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/CURRENT/
Look for the file compdcs.csv in /gdal-1.11.1/data/, and push it into
your /usr/share/gdal/1.10 folder. Then re-run /usr/lib/qgis/crssync. You
need root rights for both operations.
I'll try the above if I am "pushed", but I'm loath to mass-change stuff
on my server.
Reality is, is that I need to update the server to 14.04. Now, where was
that round tuit I had .........
Thanks Andre.
Regards,
Zoltan
HTH,
André Joost
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
--
===========================================
Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.
Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323 www.geograph.co.za
===========================================
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer