On Tue, 11. Oct 2016 at 10:45:18 +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Chasing a regression bug upon importing shapefile to postgresql [1]
> I've stumbled upon an unclear semantic of the "length" member of
> QgsField class [2].

Hm, I though that was following database semantics - at least that's what I
recall - maybe it was changed.

Not sure OGR has a general semantic of it's own, maybe it follows the data
source and those are inconsistent.

For what I know in shapes and postgres the semantics is different as the
decimal separator is considered part of the precision in one, but not the

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

Qgis-developer mailing list
List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer