Jürgen was quick to update the OSGeo4W packages and I have now confirmed myself
that on the surface everything seems to function as expected. So thanks to
Jürgen for updating the packages so quickly!

One minor thing I discovered was that the "About QGIS” dialog lists the version
number as 4.9.3 instead of 5.0.0. Additionally it says “PROJ.4 Version”, which
in the future should instead simply be “PROJ Version” as per the release notes
for the upcoming release [0]. I haven’t looked into how the text in the dialog
is added, but in case it is hard-coded the PROJ version number is defined as
PJ_VERSION in proj_api.h, or can be retrieved with the proj_info() function in
the new proj.h API.

/Kristian

[0] https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/NEWS

On 19 Feb 2018, at 15:39, Kristian Evers <kr...@sdfe.dk<mailto:kr...@sdfe.dk>>