HI Nyall,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.daw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think the OSX builds are auto-setting the pixel ratio to 2 somewhere
> (it's not in the qgis code -- so maybe it's in the homebrew package or
> something. I dunno... the mess which is OSX package repos makes even
> npm look stable and a joy to use by comparison).

I'm maybe not the best person to answer this, but I install QGIS3 from brew
and don't see any specific configuration or build time settings for the
QGIS brew formulae [1] or the QT5 formulae [2]. Also there is nothing
specific in the Info.plist app bundle and there is no specific qt.conf file
to set options are described in http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html.

Is there a API I can call in the QGIS python console to see the pixel ratio
used by QT?

Cheers,
Jeremy

[1]