I'm slowly working on updating everything to build my QGIS 3.10 Mac package,
and found a disparity between PROJ and SAGA.

I want to have PROJ 6 (and GDAL 3) for QGIS (should be fully supported in QGIS
3.10.1), but found a problem with SAGA.  QGIS is still using SAGA 2.3 (LTS) for
API stability.  SAGA 2.3 is stuck on PROJ.4.  It's only the latest SAGA, v7.4
that finally updated for PROJ 6 support.

I must then build and include both PROJ 6 and PROJ.4 in the QGIS package.

But, looking at the Processing-SAGA algorithms, I see no mention of proj, or
pj, SAGA modules.  So, maybe then I don't need PROJ.4 after all?  Is there any
interdependency within SAGA that some other SAGA module needs to use the proj
module?

There is no option to build SAGA without PROJ, but I could hack the makefiles
to skip it.  Or I could build it with the old PROJ and just not include those
modules in the QGIS package.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena
offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket
filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy