Hey AF,

oh, looks like the help() for those Qt objects is not as comprehensive as I hoped.

>>> type(iface.mainWindow().statusBar())
<class 'PyQt5.QtWidgets.QStatusBar'>

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstatusbar.html ->
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstatusbar-members.html ->
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwidget.html#styleSheet-prop

>>> iface.mainWindow().statusBar().setStyleSheet("background-color:red;")

Now my status bar is red.

No idea about fonts...

Have fun!
Hannes