Hi Admire,

Thank you for helping with the plugins.

I think we can lower the administration time, if we can enable reviews by the users. Not just voting (that we already have), but written reviews. Written reviews can address issues you mentioned:

- Duplication of functionality. Plugin functionality already exists in QGIS.

- Plugins containing binaries (and related problems)

- Plugins which are a fork of an existing plugin

- Etc

As an example, Wordpress has about 60k plugins [1]. The submission process and rules are similar [2]. But the credibility about each plugin is mostly based on user's reviews, votes and number of downloads.

Basically, we already almost the same data as wordpress about plugins, but we miss user's reviews. User's reviews can add value.

What do you think?

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] https://wordpress.org/plugins/