Hi Jorge!

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 11:03 PM Jorge Gustavo Rocha via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Admire,
>
> Thank you for helping with the plugins.
>
> I think we can lower the administration time, if we can enable reviews by
> the users. Not just voting (that we already have), but written reviews.
> Written reviews can address issues you mentioned:
>
> - Duplication of functionality. Plugin functionality already exists in
> QGIS.
>
> - Plugins containing binaries (and related problems)
>
> - Plugins which are a fork of an existing plugin
>
> - Etc
>
> As an example, Wordpress has about 60k plugins [1]. The submission process
> and rules are similar [2]. But the credibility about each plugin is mostly
> based on user's reviews, votes and number of downloads.
>
> Basically, we already almost the same data as wordpress about plugins, but
> we miss user's reviews. User's reviews can add value.

My concern here would be that we create a new problem: Having to moderate
the comments. Maybe we could use a simple like/dislike and/or predefined
lists of comments (e..g "Works great", "Doesnt work on Linux", "Doesnt work
on macOS" etc.).

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton