Dnia środa 09 lutego 2011 o 14:32:42 Markus Weidenbach napisał(a):
> .... interesting to hear! So the printing limitation is caused by the
> Open Layer Plugin and not by the Google WMS(?).
> I hope new versions of the Open Layer Plugin will address this problem...
>
> Markus

There is no Google WMS, they are static tiles. The two plugins make two
different workarounds to use them. OpenLayers Plugin is great for display,
however I expect big problems with proper printing, so wouldn't be
optimistic...

I wonder if it's possible to use GoogleMaps in Qgis directly via GDAL TMS
driver. I'm able to open it, but can't cope with colors: Google serves 8bit
pngs, while Qgis needs RGB. Maybe other gdal versions do it more smoothly?

On the http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html you have a link to the OpenStreetMap
TMS Service Example:

http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms_openstreetmap_tms.xml

Just download this file and open in Qgis as a raster. You shold see OSM layer
with proper or bad colors ;) In order to use googlemaps instead of OSM,
replace the third line of the file with:

<ServerUrl>http://mt0.googleapis.com/vt?lyrs=m@144&amp;x=${x}&amp;y=${y}&amp;z=${z}</ServerUrl>