Hi Matthias,

On Wed, 29. Jun 2016 at 14:22:09 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> The update on the page should happen in a week. My point of view
> regarding this topic can be found here:
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/a/188243/9839

This is somewhat like our "late" release announcements.   We (now) announce
when binaries are available and not when the actual release happens (ie.
release branch, release tag, tarball).

And the website names the version LTR that is in the LTR package repositries
and not the one that is in the regular repositories - although it currently is
a LTR as well.

And that the new LTR (that didn't see any extra maintanance yet) doesn't
replace the old LTR right away was a conscious decision - but a bit influenced
by the build scripts usually dealing with two different parallel releases and
resolving what to do when there's just one.   Doing it like this IMHO is better
than just leaving one repository age or feeding both with same stuff.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode