On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neum...@carto.net> wrote:
> Are there any Debian (or Ubuntu) users out there who can reproduce this bug
> here:
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/14255 titled "SVG preview blocks QGIS".

If I properly understand the problem, it seems that QGIS, by default,
traverses the user home looking for SVG files.
And indeed, depending on the size of the home it takes some time (and
QGIS stays blocked while it doesn't finish this).

Have a home with 346G (like mine) and you should see what happens.

I don't know how it's made, but maybe this traversal could be
implemented asynchronously or using a thread? (so the main process
won't get blocked while searching for SVG files)