From: ml-node+s1560n5275470...@n6.nabble.com
To: nicolas.cadi...@archeotec.ca
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 11:51:36 -0600
Subject: Data import and export

I have a process that I would like to create using QGIS. I
am just a beginner in this program/process, but know just enough to get into
trouble. I work for a vegetation control company and want a way to manage my
data. I have data from my client (power company) – points of the poles and
lines for the power lines. I need to collect data in the filed using Canvas app
– customizable and can export into a CVS file. What I want to do is collect
location
(pole number), status (applied not needed, application completed, customer
refusal, federal land), time, date, employee, photo and some details if the
application was applied.

My first issue is the CVS file has both the lat/long in one
column separated by a comma. I see that the import process requires them to be
in separate columns.

Second when collecting the pole numbers, it cannot be a
dropdown box, as there are thousands of poles to scroll through on the app.

My goal is to create a process that imports the data from
the Canvas app and creates a visual status of the lines – different colors for
each status type. I would have to “link” my data to the current data received
from
the client.

Any thoughts, applications/ programs or resources would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Jonathon Roberts
503-798-1917

                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
discussion below:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Data-import-and-export-tp5275470.html

                To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email
ml-node+s1560n4125267...@n6.nabble.com

                To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here.

                NAML