Hi Mats,

I don't have any issues with 2.16.0 and WMS connections. However I have been in your same shoes before, and besides the clearing-the-QGIS-cache trick, I found the best way to examine this is to use an external tool (Fiddler) to get the exact WMS request that is generated by QGIS. It takes a little effort to set this up, but it really helps to find out why a single server won't load in QGIS. Then you can take that full request and paste it into the ticket, for the QGIS team to examine.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2016-07-14 6:31 AM, Mats Elfström wrote:
Hi!
For some reason, existing projects and WMS connections from 2.14.3 does
not work in 2.16.
Capabilities download fails, or I get Map request failed
[error:Connection closed.
Is there some fundamental change in 2.16 that needs another setup or
other parameters for WMS?
Most of the the services I use needs basic authorization, but that seems
to work. The error occurs as the map is to be rendered.
We rely heavily on WMS for background maps, so this is a showstopper for
v 2.16.