Hi,
An other option would be to use a file format that uses only a single
file.  I think spatialite could work.  Another option could be to use
a csv with WKT.  This way, they could also open the text file in a text
reader (like notepad) and actually see the content of the file.  This way,
you could also work more notions of geometry.
I could help you with this.  I was a trained elementary teacher in Ontario
and Quebec before becoming a archaeological GIS guy!
Cheers!
Nicolas
On Jul 17, 2016 17:58, "berndv. [via OSGeo.org]"