Thanks James,

We are using SQL 2014 SP2. I don't know if we are using ST_Geometry. I have
asked our consultant and he has not got back to me yet.

_______________
Johanna Botman
GIS / Assets Officer

Griffith City Council
Ph: 02 6962 8168

James Wood <jwood...@gmail.com> wrote on 15/09/2016 12:43:31 AM:

> From: James Wood <jwood...@gmail.com>
> To: Johanna Botman <johanna.bot...@griffith.nsw.gov.au>
> Cc: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
> Date: 15/09/2016 12:43 AM
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] Fail to commit changes to SQL database
>
> I have seen similar behavior with SQL Server 2012, so I would be
> interested to hear from the user community as well.
>
> Johanna,
> What version of SQL and is this SQL Spatial (ST Geometry)?
>
> Thanks,
> James
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 13, 2016, at 22:42, Johanna Botman
<johanna.bot...@griffith.nsw.gov.au
> > wrote:

> I'm working on a [road] line layer and changing the geometry so that
> it matches the aerial image. I can make some changes and save them,
> but then suddenly I can't save anymore changes.
> In the yellow line at the top of the canvas it says Commit Errors:
> Could not commit changes to layer [road]. When I click the 'show
> more' it simply says 'Errors: ERROR: [x] geometries not changed'
>
> I can shut QGIS down and restart it. Then I still cannot change that
> last geometry that caused the issue, but I can change others until I
> get that message again. I have rebooted my machine and I made a
> little more progress but still come up against the error.
>
> My research in stack exchange yielded nothing in relation to SQL
> server, but I asked our IT to have a look at the logs anyway. They
> said there was nothing in the SQL logs either.
>
> I am using QGIS 2.14.4 and this particular table is on a SQL server.
>
> Any ideas?
> _______________
> Johanna Botman
> GIS / Assets Officer
>
> Griffith City Council
> Ph: 02 6962 8168

Please consider the environment before printing this email notice.

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s). Confidentiality is not waived if
you are not the intended recipient. Any other distribution, use of,
or reproduction without prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
Views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual, except
where specifically stated otherwise. If this e-mail has been sent to
you in error, please delete the e-mail completely and immediately from
your system. Although reasonable precautions are taken, Griffith City
Council does not warrant or guarantee this message to be free of errors,
interference, viruses or similar malicious code and does not accept
liability for any consequences to the recipient opening or using this
email or attachments.
This email was scanned and cleared by MailMarshal, Sophos and Kaspersky AV