Hi,

I am struggling in QGIS 2x with datum transformations.

The manual is not explicit how to handle this correctly.

Here are the steps I tried:

1. As far as I understand, I have to copy the gsb file to the directory
where proj stores the gsb files, in my case "C:\Program
Files\OSGeo4W64\share\proj". Alternatively, one could set another folder
and adjust the PROJ_LIB env variable accordingly.

2. In "Settings" --> "Options" --> "CRS" I can define default datum
transformations. I tried to enter 21781 (Source CRS), 2056 (Destination
CRS), +nadgrids=CHENYX06a.gsb (Source datum transfomation). Destionation
datum has been left empty.

3. I would expect that whenever this combination 21781 --> 2056 shows up
that QGIS would ask me to pick one the defaults specified in 2.

The problem is that 2. does not work. When I close the dialogue and
reopen it, my modifications are gone ... and I never have the chance to
select my datum transformation option.

Can you help me what I am doing things wrong?

Thank you,

Andreas