Am 27.10.2016, 00:12 Uhr, schrieb Nyall Dawson <nyall.daw...@gmail.com>:

On 27 Oct 2016 7:18 AM, "Bernd Vogelgesang" <bernd.vogelges...@gmx.de> wrote:

Am 26.10.2016, 22:57 Uhr, schrieb Nyall Dawson <nyall.daw...@gmail.com>:

On 27 Oct 2016 6:51 AM, "Bernd Vogelgesang" <bernd.vogelges...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Arghh, sorry for the noise!
>
> When hovering over the data-driven input button not so hectically, I discovered the explanation that it expects a 0 or 1.
> So
> case when> 'mypath'|| @atlas_pagename ||'_1.jpeg' IS NULL
> THEN
> 0
> END
>
> did the trick!

This is odd... A null picture expression should be rendered empty, not as the red cross. The red cross is intended only as an >obnoxious, obvious indicator that a picture path was set but couldn't be found.

The expression above would only result in 0 if @atlas_pagename is null.

Nyall

Well, yeah, I was too early to announce the solution. In fact this did not render the missing image, but also not the one which is >there :(

case when '/media/Daten/IVL_Projekte/2016024_Feldhamster_NEA/2_EINGANG_MA/Bernd/QGIS/Fotos/'|| @atlas_pagename ||'_1.jpeg' IS NULL
THEN
1
ELSE
0
END

This should do it. But now I am again where is started: When the image is there, it is rendered, when not, the red cross is >exported as well.

That's because that expression is just testing whether the concatenated string itself is null, not whether the corresponding file >actually exists.

My advice: make a small python custom function 'file_exists' which checks for the existence of a file. Then change your picture path >expression to something like:

Case when file_exists( 'media/' ... Etc) then  'media/' ... Else null end

That should get you the result you are after.

Nyall

Hi Nyall,

unfortunately, I have still no clue of python.
I now added blank images for the missing ones :(

I think I will at least file a bug report for the red cross not being rendered.

Thanx for your attention
Bernd

:(

Bernd