Hi all!
Just curious if everyone thinks that moving everything to processing is the
best solutions for everything. I’m want correct geometries in our PostGIS
database and want also my not that experienced GIS users to check geometry
before saving. The old tool in QGIS 2.14 creates a simple list of every error.
By clicking on the error you get zoomed to the error. You correct the error and
then hit the OK button to rerun the evaluation and get an new hopefully smaller
list and save the edits. A smooth workflow. I suppose the new tool in
processing does the same. But it’s more difficult. It pollutes your project
with temporary layers for every run. And it is more clicking to find the
errors. Or is there a better way to do this? I guess that if you do a lot of
data manipulation/analysis/processing with input and output data this is a good
approach but my focus is more often maintaining/updating/editing data. Then it
gets more complicated.

Karl-Magnus Jönsson │GIS-utvecklare
Miljö- och samhällsbyggnadsförvaltningen, avd. Geografisk information
Kristianstads kommun
291 80 Kristianstad